Whenever we invite friends over to a barbecue, I always make a noodle salad, one of potatoes, one of cucumber, one of tomato, sometimes a fruit salad. Of course we always have Brez’n, buns, cake and ice cream, prosecco or crémant with crème de cassis and different kinds of German beer.
Ingredients (about 8 servings):
- 250 -300 g noodles (spirelli), cooked according to directions (8 min.)
- 1/2 jar Miracel Whip / mayonnaise
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 1 -2 onions, peeled and chopped (or spring onions)
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 4 large pickles and pickle juice
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup sweet corn
- 1/2 bell pepper, washed and chopped
- herbs, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
First cook the noodles al dente, about 8 minutes, then drain and leave to cool. Meanwhile, chop and dice all the vegetables.
When the noodles have cooled down, mix all ingredients. Add salt and pepper, lemon juice and herbs according to taste. Leave in the fridge for several hours to cool and blend.
Variation: buy half a ring of Lyoner / bologna, cut it into bite-size chunks and add it in if you don’t have steaks.
Enjoy on a warm summer evening!